Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Fx35: 2005 FX 35 Infiniti changed ignition fuse and it blows

Customer Question

2005 FX 35 Infiniti changed ignition fuse and it blows in the start position cannot start car vehicle stopped in the middle of the street and we cannot restart the car there is a short somewhere where do I begin
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
Are you a shop? How good are you at electrical? This is what they call a dead short.
Let me know..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My car is at a shop..dhillons automotive in Fremont ca..I'm not an electrian the shop is great but are OK electrical ...the site said an immediate answer..I don't have time for a conversation
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need u too talk directly to me 510 938. 3654
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
There is no way to answer a question like this with out getting details. Details help determine or help give direction.
Please do not share personal information on this site. It's against our terms and service.
If you would like to speak with me, I will offer you additional service. This way you can speak with me.
Let me know how you would like to continue..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
U took my money already..are u adding 21.00 on top of what what u haven't snswered
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
If you would like to speak with me, it's a additional charge.
When you have a dead short, it can be a number of things. So there are tests that need to be done to see if you can isolate the short. There is no way I can determine the location of your short with out gathering info and asking questions, and having checks done. That is why I asked if you were a shop. I was trying to get a idea how handy of a person you were to suggest test to try to isolate the problem.
Do you wish to continue? It sounds like your not happy...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes ask by text
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Sorry? I don't understand your last comment
You want to continue the way we are going?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Really wo w and ur the expert..I SAID U CAN ANSWER QUESTIONS BY TEXT DO YOU UNDERSTAND CLEAR ENGLISH
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
I just want to be clear with how you would like to proceed. I understand your frustrated, I can sense that. Just trying to be clear, that is all.
I am on a computer, not a phone. So I am just continuing the way we have been going.
First thing I need to do is see what fuse it is exactly that is blowing so I can see what other components are on that circuit. So we have a idea what components need to be checked to help isolate your issue.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/1.jpg
That link is a image of the inside fuse box. Can you tell me what number fuse is the one that is blowing? This way I can look up the power supply and routing to see what else shares that fuse.
Let me know..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ignition fuse I'll call mechanic for exact number. I believe there's only one ignition fuse
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
I work off the factory service manual. It does not show what the fuse box cover does. It shows me fuses by the number. From that number, I can then see what else is on that circuit.
All fuses are shared with something other than just the circuit described. There is two much electronics to simply have 1 fuse for each system. So they share the power with other components.
Let me know the fuse number when find out.
Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
71 is the number
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello I gave u the fuse number do u have an answer
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Fuse 71 is in the IPDM behind the battery.
I am not in front of my computer at the moment. I am actually on my way home from work. Can you wait till I get back to a computer to look at that circuit? Or would you like me to re - open this question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'll wait my daughters getting married tomorrow and the mechanic closes at 6 p_m so please hurry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where's my answers...I'm not satisfied at all at this point
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Congratulations!
I am sorry it took so long to get back to you. I got home from work and the wife took me out to dinner for my Birthday.
So I looked up fuse 71 and that is for the Tail Lights. That won't keep the car from starting.
I am sure you have allot on your mind, and I totally understand. Enjoy your day tomorrow and don't think about the car. If you like we can talk more about it Sunday. If not, then Monday around noon time!
I was trying to think of a way to describe what a short is to you, and I thought of this.
Picture on of those big water tanks. Then picture hundreds of pipes going all sorts of directions. Now pour water down the pipes.... Water is going to want to take the fastest path to the ground. Now picture one pipe has a clog and now out of the 100's of pipes, you have to find it. So you need to do somethings to isolate where it could be.
The same thing with electrical.
So I hope you understand what I explained. I will do my best to help you with your issue, just need to know things as they get checked to help determine direction.
So enjoy your day tomorrow and once again Congratulations!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need answers sir not congratulations the site says immediate answers u giving me the run around
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Some question like this one takes time to determine. I already told you that fuse 71 is for the tail lights and that won't keep the the car from starting.
As for a immediate answer. For this type of quest you can't get one. It's impossible. That is like asking me what the winning lotto numbers are. I tried to explain what a short is to you and I guess you don't get it.
I don't think I will be able to work with you on your issue. You are being more challenging than willing to work with me.
I am going to opt out and open this question so if any other experts can help you, they will reply.
Enjoy your day Sir and good luck with your car.
Thanks Jay