Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Titan: VDC/OFF, SLIP ABS lights on. Titan in Limp mode. Need

Customer Question
VDC/OFF, SLIP ABS lights on...
VDC/OFF, SLIP ABS lights on. Titan in Limp mode. Need to replace catalytic and have some codes regarding emission sensors. Also have P1229 and acceleration control codes come up. SES light will not flash on reset procedure. Rn IPDM board check out. That checked out. I am stumped at this point.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/25/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hi there, thanks for your question.
This code is for the accelerator pedal position sensor. Have you replaced it yet?
I replaced the entire accelerator assembly. I can't get the proper light response when attempting an ECU rest. The SES light will not flash.
Thanks, ***** ***** code returned even after replacing the pedal assembly and clearing the code?
Do you have a volt meter?
Yes, I do have a volt meter. I used my code scanner to reset the codes. But when I try to reset the ECU using the key on 3 second ignition on, pump pedal 5 times, wait 7 or 10 seconds(I tried both), hold down for 12 seconds or wait for SES light to flash I get no flashing SES light.
Yea, that's because the pedal is not sending the signals is my guess. Check for power to the blue wire at the app sensor with key to ON. should be 5volts
I will check that today when I get home from work. Which wire is the ground, black?
I will send for a refund for you. thanks
i checked the voltage. It is ONLY .2 volts.
Yea .2 volts is not sufficient . You should have 5volts from the ECM.
Might want to move the harness protector at the ECM and see what the voltage is leaving the ECM.
Let me know if that's something your comfortable with.
Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician