Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

XE pickup: I have a 97 nissan pickup 2wd. It won't start, battery…

Customer Question
I have a 97 nissan...
I have a 97 nissan pickup 2wd. It won't start, battery doesn't seem to be issue. I think the problem is the kill switch. I replaced the battery in the hand clicker, and the light on kill switch (under dash) changes and flashes when i hit the button. Yet it won't start. I also tried the switch that goes in back of switch to disable it and still nothing. Can the issue be elsewhere in the kill switch system? Can i uninstall the switch and how? Thanks!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/21/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 3 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!It sounds like you have a after market alarm or remote start on the truck. Do you know if you have that? If you have a kill switch, that is normally a after market feature. Let me know..

It is a kill switch that was an upgrade when i bought the truck new, so was installed at dealer. It haa a key ring that has a button i press before i start the car. Tag on window i believe says The Silencer.

It won't be a factory item, so it's after market. So what you need to do is a locate the control unit for the after market alarm and try unplugging it. After you unplug it, then see if you can start the truck. Here is a image of what a After Market Alarm looks like.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/After%20market%20Alarm%20control%20unit%20unplugged.jpgThat is the plug you would need to unplug to see if it disables the system so you can start it.If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!