Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mechanic told me its an electrical problem. "My compressor…

Customer Question
Mechanic told me its an...
Mechanic told me its an electrical problem. "My compressor is not responding"
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/20/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 3 years ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
hi what is your questions today?
I have an 09 maxima...it recently stop blowing cold air. Took it to a mechanic and he told me its some kind of electrical issue. What do you suggest i try?
they did not say what the fix was ?
No
He recharged it...and still nothing.
ok this system is very complicated with 4 computer if you do not have the correct tools you will not be able to fix this on your own
you went to a nissan dealer
??
No..just a certified mechanic. Where should i start?
first you need a better repair shop one with the tools to fix the car
but
if the system is fill then you need to check for power at the compressor clutch
if you have power then the compressor is bad
if no power then you have a problem with one of the computers, the wiring, or the pressure switch