Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 Nissan frontier 3.3 ac blowing hot. Hooked up ac gauges…

Customer Question
2002 Nissan frontier 3.3 ac...
2002 Nissan frontier 3.3 ac blowing hot. Hooked up ac gauges they are reading 105 PSI both & high low/ ( note ambient temp 95). Turn on ac, ac clutch does engage PSI stays the same both sides 105. Double check center of ac clutch is spinning when turned on and not spinning when turn off. Vapor charge 1 to 2 ounces of 124a, no change. Engine is not loading down with clutch engaged. No noticeable grinding or knocking noise coming from compressor. Listen to ac with stethoscope sounds the same engaged or not. WTF am I missing? My dog is looking funny at me while I beat head on wall, worried about how much more the wall can take.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/20/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 3 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!If the pressures are not moving, it sounds like the AC pulley is turning but the AC clutch is not engaging. Please take some time to watch this video. Cause one of the first things you will need to do for your AC problem is to first make sure the AC system has the proper amount of freon so it can operate.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rec8Rb9cDx4After you have watched the video if you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Please note the Clutch is engaging and there is Freon in the system
But do you know if you have the proper amount?
Is the cable for the Air Mix door working?
I don't know the exact amount of Freon I do not not have a machine like you have I just have a manifold and yes you can hear the door open and close.
Then the first step is really is to have the AC system evacuated and recharged to the proper amount. That is the first step in diagnosing a AC operation issue. I understand you believe you have the correct pressure. But this is your first step before you can anything. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!
Are you really there?