Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Altima: I have a 1999 altima with a factory installed alarm…

Customer Question
I have a 1999 altima...
I have a 1999 altima with a factory installed alarm . i can not shut the alarm off and want to just disable it permanently How do i do that
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/20/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 3 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
The factory alarm can not be permanently disabled since it's integrated into the car. When the alarm is going off, what lights are flashing? Parking lights or Head lights?
Let me know. This will help me to determine if it's the factory alarm or not.
Let me know..
head lights
Thank you. That is indeed the factory alarm.To shut it off all you need to do is use the mechanical key in any of the lock cylinders of the car. If you find that the drivers side key cylinder does not work, try the trunk and passenger key cylinder. The key cylinders have what they call a Tamper Switch that snaps on to the back side of the lock cylinder. It detects the cycling of the key and will arm and disarm the alarm. If one particular key cylinder does not work, the tamper switch may have fallen off the back of the key cylinder and simply needs to be re-attached. Here is a image of what it looks like. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Alarm%20tamper%20switch.jpg If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!
thanks i will give that a try
Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.comFeel free to return back if you have any more questions on this, or to let me know how you made out.Thanks Jay!