Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

300zx: We have a 1993 !nissan 300zx. We replaced the injectors…

Customer Question
We have a 1993 !nissan...
We have a 1993 !nissan 300zx. We replaced the injectors vacuum lines Air filter spark plugs and cleaned the mass air flow sensor. The problem is that the car will go from first to second but not from second to third. This is making the car run at a high rpm and overheating the muffler.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/18/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Rick, Nissan Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
I assume the car is an automatic and if it won't shift from second to third and just stays in second gear it probably has a high clutch in the transmission burned out and will need a rebuild or replacement with a rebuilt transmission. changing the injectors and tune up parts won't have any affect on the transmission unless the engine is running poorly
Good morning and thank you for your reply. The car ran fine until we took it in for new mufflers. Then this problem started. Could the shop have loosened a sensor near the exhaust?
Well lets do a self diagnosis on the transmission control unit and see if there any codes that will show us anything, here are the directions to get it in self diagnosis with out a consult tool. you have to count the number of flashes from the light in the dash
1e0217e6-6d52-4c31-bbaa-...bmp1e0217e...bmp2a423682-d89e-4e65-b2a6-...bmp2a42368...bmp525a4e13-82dd-46b8-98f6-...bmp525a4e1...bmpb95d52d3-7a05-4aae-892c-...bmpb95d52d...bmp
Rick
Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician