Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

WE REPLACED THE FUSE BOX WITH A BRAND NEW ONE FROM NISSAN,

Customer Question
BUT IT WON'T EVEN COMMUNICATE...
WE REPLACED THE FUSE BOX WITH A BRAND NEW ONE FROM NISSAN, BUT IT WON'T EVEN COMMUNICATE; PUT THE OLD ONE BACK IN AND IT WORKS. NISSAN DEALER SAYS IT DOES NOT NEED FLASHING.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/16/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 3 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.
What year and Model Nissan is this and what fuse box is it that you replaced?
2010 nissan murano the one in the engine compsartment that has the starter relay
vehicle has an intermittent problemwhere it won't start sometimes,we pointedit to thestarter relay whichis part of the fuse box, but when we put the new onein there is nothing won't even crank.
dealer said there is no flashing or relearning procedure when replacing this fuse box- - we are a repair shop
this is the second new fuse box we got from the dealer
That is the IPDM. Does the vehicle have remote start? When it doesn't turn over does all the dash lights come on?
The IPDM does not require any flashes to operate.
Let me know
no remote start it has pushbutton start; no lights no comms as if it doesn't recognize the key is with you
Try holding the remote over the start button when that happens and let me know if it starts.
NOTHING
CAR START WITH THE OLD/ORIGINAL IPDM
SO I EITHER HAVE 2 BAD BRAND NEW IPDMS OR THERE IS SOME KIND OF PROCEDURE THAT MUST HAPPEN
MECHANIC DISCONNECTED BATTERY TO INSTALL NEW IPDM-- IM GOING TO HAVE HIM PUTTHE OLD ONE IN, REMOVE IT AND PUTTHE NEW IPDM WITHOUT DISCONNECTING THE BATTERY THIS TIME
OK LOOKS LIKE WE ARE OUT OF IDEAS-- SHIPPING TO DEALER
THANKS FOR TRYING
Sorry, a engineer showed up and I was in a meeting.
The IPDM you installed, that was new from the dealer, ordered by the vin number correct?
Yes, of course. But I figured out the problem. The IPDM, contrary to PRODEmANd procedures, needs to be installed with battery connected. That took care of the problem.
Cool, glad you figured out the problem.
Thanks Jay!