Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2011 Nissan Rogue AWD. Some sort of ratting in rear when I…

Customer Question
2011 Nissan Rogue AWD. Some...
2011 Nissan Rogue AWD. Some sort of ratting in rear when I apply the brakes. Mechanic said brakes are fine problem sounds more like in drive train. Car does not make noise accelerating only when brakes applied then goes away.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/16/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 3 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
Noises are really best to have checked in person cause it could be so many things.
One thing I have see is rocks can get caught behind the Brakes Backing Plate. See image.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Rock%20behind%20backing%20plate.jpg
This is something you start to see after they fix pot holes from the winter. If your not from a cold climate area, you can still get this. But this is just one of the most common things that would cause a rattle.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!