Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Nissan/Datsun altima: You told me we could use the 2007 engine…

Customer Question
You told me we could...
You told me we could use the 2007 engine in the 2002 Nissan. We have the engine installed into the 2002, but we cannot get the throttle body wiring to hook up. What do we do to get this to work?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/15/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Rick, Nissan Master Technician replied 3 years ago
Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
The engine should work just fine but you will need to use the intake manifold and throttle body from the 2002 engine for all the connections to plug in. Many times when replacing an engine with a used engine even when its the same year and model I don't trust things like the injectors or throttle body's from the used engine. I generally swap all those parts before installing the used engine. I will be difficult to replace the intake once the engine is installed but not impossible, you might try just swapping the throttle body if it will bolt up the the manifold

the manifold off the 2002 don't want to bolt on the 2007

There is that much difference? I didn't think there would be is it possible to swap just he throttle body over?