Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Maxima: I just switched out my alternator with a brand new

Customer Question
I just switched out my...
I just switched out my alternator with a brand new one and my battery light and brake light came on at the same time. What could this be?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/13/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist
the battery light and brake light on indicate the alternator is not charging. if you have a voltmeter, check the voltage at the battery while running and see what voltage is there.
re check all the connectors and wiring. be sure connections are clean and tight. check the fuses as well with a test light to verify voltage on both sides.
what was wrong with the old alternator??
Roy
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician