Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Murano: I have 05 murano the horn is not working, but it works…

Customer Question
I have 05 murano...
I have 05 murano the horn is not working, but it works with the remote. The airbag light is blinking on the dash, I've checked the 10amp fuse in the fuse box under the hood and it is good. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/13/2015
Nissan Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Hello I will help you with your question,
The clockspring connector that lets you turn the steering wheel while maintaining the electrical connection for the airbag and horn has broken. To replace it the airbag and steering wheel will need to be removed.
To have a shop do the repair plan on about $350 using Nissan parts.
Please let me know how I can help
Thank you
Thanks
I am always glad to help, please let me know if you have further questions
Thank you