Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Nissan quest: 2004 nissan quest a/c blows cold on driver side…

Customer Question
2004 nissan quest a/c blows...
2004 nissan quest a/c blows cold on driver side but not on passenger side. Passenger side blows hot air.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/12/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 3 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question
This is most commonly a air mix door in the air box that causes this. The door has foam around it so it can seal. If the foam becomes dislodged it jams the door and won't allow it to fully close so you get uneven air temperature out of the vents. This is a huge job as the dash would need to be removed to access the air box and the air box would need to be opened to get to the door in question. You can verify this with a boar scope down the vent.
If you have any more questions on this please feel free to ask.
If not, and you are satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope that I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay