Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Sentra: My 2004 Nissan sentra is shifting harshly from 1st…

Customer Question
My 2004 Nissan sentra is...
My 2004 Nissan sentra is shifting harshly from 1st to 2nd, and I have ECM code P0745 in. I topped off my transmission fluid and it still has the problem. I understand that this problem may be related to my drop resistor or my TCM. How would I go about testing this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/11/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Mike O., Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike O.
Mike O., Master Technician
Thanks for the question! There is a Nissan service bulletin that will fix that. The valve body on the transmission will probably need to be replaced. There is a ground cable that breaks and causes the complaint you are describing. The bulletin mentions soldering the wire if its not loose but every one I've seen is loose and the valve body has to be replaced.
After a bit more investigation, I just checked the resistance across the dropping resistor and it was at 0 (should be 10-15ohms). I've only had this problem for about a month, so do you think that replacing the resistor would be sufficient?
The dropping resistor isn't mentioned in the service bulletin. The symptoms for this bulletin says IF YOU CONFIRM:
The transmission fluid is full (correct level) and in good condition (not burnt), and
• There is a harsh shift from 1st to 2nd gear,
and/or
• DTC P0745 (line pressure solenoid circuit) is stored
That ground wire on the valve body is the culprit here. You can try to replace the dropping resistor but I doubt that will have any affect.
Mike O.
Mike O.
Mike O., Master Technician