Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car quits running no warning or codes

Customer Question
car quits running no warning or codes
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/10/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 3 years ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
hi what year and model is your car ?
2006 sentra 1.8
ok have you check for fuel pressure and sparks at the plugs ?
also do the engine crank over when you turn the key /any sounds from the engine ?
yes plugs were changed and there is fuel pressure engine cranks no sound
if the engine cranks then you have to have sounds of the engine cranking i do not follow ?????
how did you check pressure
yes there sounds of engine turning over I thought you ment strange sounds and twndifferent mechinecs checked preessure
i know you say the plug where replace but do you have a spark at the plug coil when cranking the engine also did you check for compression ?
Yes to your questions this car starts and runs fine it just quits when going down the road with no warning does not send any codes
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 3 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hi, My name is***** helping you since the other expert Opt'd out.
I'm happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
The Cam and Crank Sensor you replaced, did you have a code for them before you changed them? Also where did you buy the sensors?
Let me know..