Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Quest: i have a 2011 nissan quest that the ac seems to only…

Customer Question
Hi i have a 2011...
Hi i have a 2011 nissan quest that the ac seems to only work when it rains out..
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/10/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 3 years ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
hi have you had the system check to make sure it have a full charge
yes...we took it to a second shop after the first and he vacuumed the system and refilled it....but still same problem
he traced the problem back to the engine compartment fuse box...but i dont want to change that out unless im sure of the problem... could it be a faulty relay...why would it only work when its damp outside?
the relay is built into the ipmd fuse box under the hood i have seen the unit go bad the problem with it been damp may just be temperature related if this is the case you will need to replace the unit not just the relay
ipmd? can you tell me where that is located under the hood? because i heard there were 2 fuse boxes under the hood and I only see one...
it is on the driver side the big fuse box ,the unit have fuses and relays inside it also have wires and plugs
thats what i thought...buti dont see a relay for the ac in there.....i found another one in a junk yard but not sure if its compatible...is there any way to tell?
the unit should have a part number on it the number should be 10 digits
the relay is built inside the unit it will not come out
would it be visible tho?
i dont see any numbers on the ipmd...is there a way to tell from vin #s?
you can use the vehicle production date on the door b pillow get the unit from a car with i production date that is within 3 months of your vehicle date