Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Altima: , my steering lock box isn't working on my 09

Customer Question
Hello, my steering lock box...
Hello, my steering lock box isn't working on my 09 Nissan Altima. Any suggestions to help me start it?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/7/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 3 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy077eLJfXk
That is a trick to get the car to start. You are boarder line of this being under warranty. There is a 6 year unlimited mileage warranty on this issue. If you give me your vin number I can check to see if the warranty is still available for the steering lock control unit for you.
Other wise, if not, the part is around 350 and 2 hours to install.
Let me know.
Thanks Jay!