Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I am having the exact same issue with my the exact car car

Customer Question
Hi I am having the...
Hi I am having the exact same issue with my the exact car car that this person had, almost exact except mine is a manual transmission. Can you lead me in the right direction?
http://www.justanswer.com/nissan/7pyfa-sentra-2002-nissan-sentra-gxe-1-8-standard-transmission.html
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
Nissan dealership checked the entire system from inside the motor to the end of the ECM connector and told me the issue must be with the ECM I had sent out to be repaired. I buy another one from a good running car with no previous codes and I get the exact same code and of course my car runs great, I am lost and tired of trying to get this crap car to pass inspected. I have already put a total of around 2500 into it...
So essentially my story is the same as the person in the link I sent you, everything is great except for the P0335 code from hell, the dealership checked the timing chain etc, everything electrical and mechanical related to what could cause this code to go off and now I find out its not the ECM either!
One thing I have not done is replace the cam shaft sensor..
But the nissan dealership replaced the crank shaft sensor twice in 6 months, the most recent 5 days ago...
6/7/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
I'll be on around 3:30pm central time. Another detail is that I have been checking for codes using the manual method...pump gas 5 times...wait 7 seconds etc but its actually accurate. Also when I clear the code and recheck it, it gives P0000 which is good. Then I restart the engine; the check engine light does not come on though. And then I recheck for codes manually and its the P0335 code again. I ordered my own scanner since I was tired of going to autozone but the manual method has been accurate. It wont't pass inspection and the money I have spent on it does not qualify for the waiver in Delaware...Anyway hope we can solve this nightmare :)
Essentially the link I sent is about 99% of my situation, odd how similar they are so if this guy found a solution with his car then I bet its the solution for mine as well, its possible.
hello-
I still need help, let me know when we can talk, text thanks
Hi
My suggestion is to use a scan tool and monitor the crank sensor signal on a bar graph or wave length. Then wiggle the sensor connector and wiring to see if it ever hiccups the reading. If not then I suspect the tone ring the sensor reads from is damaged or moving from a crank end play issue.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician