Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Nissan frontier SV 2011 rough idle at stoplights, and reverse.

Customer Question
Told it was computer reporgramming...
nissan frontier SV 2011 rough idle at stoplights, and reverse. Told it was computer reporgramming issue that the year/make/model is know for . Is this correct?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
How much would repairs cost at the dealership? Can general repair shops fix it?
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/6/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
It's fairly common on this year model frontier and pathfinder as well as the 2012 models.
Usually comes on from a low idle. Best thing to do is have the dealer perform the idle relearn procedure and if the problem continues and the mounts look good. Have them bump the idle up permanently 50-75 rpms and it usually smoothes it out nicely.
Could you tell me what "relearn" is and approx how much dealers charge? And so if it does not help, then bump up the idle to 50-75 rpms, correct? How long will it take to find out if the relearn worked?
You could tell within an hour or so or driving if it worked or not.
The relearn and idle adjustment cost about $120.
please remember to leave a kind rating.
If you need further assistance just ask.
Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician