Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, worked in auto industry for 22 years on engine, transmission and suspension design
12772297

Murano: yes my car wont acelerate

Customer Question

yes my car wont acelerate
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello
this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.
If you have no check engine lights then I'd next investigate if the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,
Ideally measure the pressure at the inlet to the main engine fuel distributor (should be 5 to 5.8bar) and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.