Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Nissan Altima: i have a 2012 Nissan Altima. i changed the…

Customer Question
i have a 2012 Nissan...
i have a 2012 Nissan Altima. i changed the battery on the remote, i don't know if i let the car in the start position when i went into the wawa. i was in there for a while and came out to start the car and it won't start. Everything on the dashboard is on and the security sign is on to and it won't start. wats the problem is it something the mechanic can reset from the dealership
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/2/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here
If you security light is on then you are correct and the alarm system is not reading the key, start first with trying your spare key and see if that works, if neither will work then you have most likely lost the programming and your keys will need to be reprogrammed. There are some lock smiths that can do this for you or your dealer can as well. Unfortunately this will require having to have the car towed .
Ron, ASE Certified Technician