Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

CrossCabiolet: the top wont close to my 2011 crosscabriolet.

Customer Question
the top wont close to...
the top wont close to my 2011 crosscabriolet. top is firmly latched down in the open position but the indicator light is on saying it isn't. I replaced the battery because it was dead the next day after the top got stuck open. that when the indicator light came on.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
5/31/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.
The convertible top needs what they call a Idle Relearn. It see's something has not completed the operation cycle. Most times this is caused by a weak battery or if you change the battery. Any time you change the battery you need to reprogram all the auto up features for the windows, and you have to do a convertible top relearn so the timing of the top is not lost. The convertible top relearn can only be done at the dealer. It is done using a Scan tool to the control unit so it re-times and calibrates the top for proper operation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBgXU-XEGYY
That is a convertible top relearn on a Infiniti G37 which uses the same steps for their convertible top as well. You will see when the top is first attempted to operate, you get the BEEP BEEP as well. Then you see what is done to correct it.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician