Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Nissan 1986 d21 6 cylinder 3.0 we put a new crate motor

Customer Question
in it remanufactured can't get...
Nissan 1986 d21 6 cylinder 3.0 we put a new crate motor in it remanufactured can't get any Spock out of it nothing out of the coil won't start
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Nissan
5/31/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 3 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
This engine I am sure did not come with a distributor. Did you check to see if your 180 out with the distributor?
Yes
Have 12volts to coil no outputfrom coil new coil
Yes you tried putting the distributor 180 degrees from where you had it?
Turn the Engine to TDC and see if the distributor rotor is pointing to number 1 on the cap. Also make sure the rotor turns and is tight.
Let me know..
Yes did that
Can u call us?
Even if it was 180 out we should get some kind of a Spock?
I can offer you additional Service. Where we can speak if you like.
No unhappy with the service want my 36$ back
Ok.. I will put you in for a refund.
Sorry I did not get a chance to work with you.
Thanks Jay!