Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Frontier: To turn off my running lights on my 1999 Frontier

Customer Question

To turn off my running lights on my 1999 Frontier I need to disconnect a terminal on the battery. I have an DRL add on. It came from the States and I now have it in Canada. It has been working nicely for years but yesterday the running lights refused to turn off.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It has been over one hour now and you said 10 minutes. How long do I have to wait?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ten minutes has now turned into three hours. I now believe I have been ripped off. What a lousy crooked site.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Never again. I will spread the word about my experience and what crooks you guys are.
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
When you say running lights are you referring to the DRLs or the parking lights on all 4 corners?
When you reconnect the battery do the lights come immediately back on or must you start it for that to happen?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Hi
With the current information. I am leaning most towards the head light switch or the DRL relay.