Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Expert Witness
7183013

Murano: I just bought a 2006 Murano SL. I bought the car knowing

Customer Question

I just bought a 2006 Murano SL. I bought the car knowing it had transmisson problems. The owner said the car would not drive. I jumped the car and with the battery pack on the car drove forward and reverse. I took off the battery pack and the car died. Once it started agian I drove it home a few blocks away and it drove fine. As I turned on my street the car would not acelerate or go in reverse. I put the car in nuteral and the engine reved up no problem, The air stopped working and then I jumped the car agian and with the battery box on the car drove agian up my driveway. I parked the car and thew a battery charger on it and the car started and everything worked. I disconected the positive terminal and it just died. I rember with older cars that means the alternator is bad. My questions are if the altternator is bad and the car is running off the battery when the battery gets so week will that affect the transmission?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ted G. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it sounds like your alternator is not charging and yes, it will effect both the transmission and the throttle body if voltage gets too low.