Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE, 30+ years exp. domestic and imports. Class A collission tech
2947720

Pathfinder: yes sI have a 1993 nissan pathfinder. It will not

Customer Question

yes sI have a 1993 nissan pathfinder. It will not start. I have replaced the ignition coil, distributor cap, ignition distributor, and the starter relay. It will turn over but will not start.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am waiting for my answer. It has been well over 10 minutes. This is a urgent problem.
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
I see that you had asked a question and it has been some time now with no reply. I was wondering if you still needed help with it. Sometimes customers may seek help elsewhere, or find a solution for the problem.
.
Please let me know if you still need help with it, thanks
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I still need help to figure out the situation.
I see, thanks.
Do you hear the fuel pump come on for 2 seconds when the key is first turned on?
.
.
Do you know what the fuel pressure is?
.
Have you checked for spark at the plugs?
.
Does the engine have good compression?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I can hear the fuel pump turning on and I have fuel up to my fuel/water separator. The fuel is pumping. I am not getting any spark from the plugs. I can not figure out why.
Assuming that the rotor is turning when the engine is cranking. Have you checked the ignition power transistor, (module)? Also, power to it?
.
Here is a link to the test for it.
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ap9i1wylpzfwwja/Power%20module%20Nissan.docx?dl=0
.
I will be back after I eat a little lunch, thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I will check those and get back with u
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I have power come into my ignition coil and power going out. I have power to my distributor but no fire coming out to my plugs.
That could be the power transistor but you will want to make sure that the coil is good as well as the crank angle sensor. Here is a link to some more tests that can be done to see. Of course that the rotor is turning and it's not just the timing belt.
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4lsmripm92n393/Crank%20angle%20and%20coil%20tests.docx?dl=0
.
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks and come again, anytime.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. I broke my multi meter just now so I have to get another one. But I will check everything and get back to u
Ok, thanks