Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Nissan Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

I need to replace the belt tensioner on a 2008 Altima 2.5s.

Customer Question

Do you have a diagram for that and can it be done by removing the front passenger wheel and mud guards underneath the fender?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that is exactly how to access it. Below is a link to a video that shows how to replace the belt but the tensioner is right there for you to see.
Copy and paste to a new window to view it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NchA85pnAE
I hope that i have provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already seen this video and I know how to access the tensioner. What I need is a diagram, video or instructions on the proper removal/replacement of the tensioner.
Oh, i thought you asked if it can be done by removing the front passenger wheel and mud guards underneath the fender.
I dont have any diagrams though but will ask the other guys and see if someone else can help.
Best wishes.
LJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is what I asked, but my primary request is for a diagram (or something akin to that) that would help with r/r. The secondary question was to determine whether the r/r is to be accomplished through the front passenger wheel well. Sorry for making that a bit foggy.
No problem, my eyes are a bit foggy today anyway :-)
If someone has that info they will reply but there is no need to reply back to me or it will lock the question back to me and take it off the list. We have guys coming online all day especially about this time so hang in there!
Best wishes
!
LJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not received any subsequent replies to my request. Still where I am when I sent my first request.

Just thought i would let you know your question is still on the list and hopefully someone has more to add to what i had. Please dont reply back to me though because it will lock the question to me and nobody else can see it. Wait for someone else to respond please.

LJ