Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Sentra se-r spec v: I have a 2004 nissan sentra se-r specv.

Customer Question

I have a 2004 nissan sentra se-r specv. It has been jerking while driving and then my car shuts down. I thought it was the knock sensor or crank sensor. I replaced both and still have the same problem. I am now.thinking it may be the fuel injectors or the fuel filter. Or maybe some type of loose wire. I just dont want to spend any more money on something that wont fix The problem. please and thank you in advanced
Category: Nissan
Expert:  I. Silva replied 2 years ago.
Hello...welcome and thank you for using Justanswer.
Do you have the check engine on or does it flash when driving ?
As the first step I would recommend scanning the engine computer for possible trouble codes .
Cam sensor ,Mass air flow sensor , ignition coil and a tired/bad air/fuel ration sensor can give you this symptoms .
I would disconnect the cam sensor and see if there is any signs of oil in the plug.
Try to disconnect the Mass air flow sensor and see if the engine runs good and does not stall.(do not drive the vehicle with sensor disconnect ,it will cut off above 1700 rpms)
Let me know if have any codes and what have you find with the tests above.
Thank you.