Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Altima: Car cranks good go up to 40 and will not take gas.

Customer Question

Car cranks good go up to 40 and will not take gas. Kill it and it will go again for about 3 blocks. And does it again
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Are you saying max speed is 40mph?
If so then lets monitor the fuel pressure during this. Also lets remove the upper O2 sensor to allow the exhaust to breath better for a short road test to see if the converter is restricted.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris