Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

1995 nissan altima 4 cylinder automatic has problem starting

Customer Question

1995 nissan altima 4 cylinder automatic has problem starting in hot weather or when car has sat in sun and is hot. No cranking, just lights on dash. Sometimes will crank and start after a few tries. Usually will crank and start after ignition turned on to allow shifting, then shifter slammed up to Park position from Neutral ot Drive. Just replaced started which was obviously not the problem.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you are able to get it to start at time by moving the shifter then you may very likely have a bad inhibitor switch (neutral safety switch). In order to determine if that is the cases run the enclosed pinpoint test in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the steps.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/No%20crank%20May%2011.pdf