Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Quest: I have a 2005 Nissan Quest Van. My son was in the vehicle

Customer Question
I have a 2005 Nissan...
I have a 2005 Nissan Quest Van. My son was in the vehicle and that alarm was activated. He opened the door from the inside and now everything is locked up. I can't crank it now.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
5/8/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.
If you use the mechanical key to lock and unlock the drivers door that should turn off the factory alarm and allow the van to start. Give that a try and if you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and your satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope that I have provided you with excellent service.
Thanks Jay!
what is the mechanical key? Is that the regular key?
if it is, we tried that and the car still won't start.
You used the key to lock the door and unlock the door? Do you have a remote?
yes I have the remote. I armed the alarm with my son in the van. He unlocked the van from the inside while it was armed. This made everything lock. The windows won't let up. The ignition won't turn at all. Everything is locked including brakes. The key will not turn.
Ok.. The mechanical key function will require the Steering wheel to be turned while turning the key in the ignition. It may require some force to turn the wheel while turning the wheel. So slowly try turning it to the Right while trying to turn the key. If that doesn't work, then try turning it to the left.
Give that a try and let me know how you make out.
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician