Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Maxima: i have a 2004 nissan maxima with a 3.5L engine with

Customer Question

i have a 2004 nissan maxima with a 3.5L engine with a 4 apeed automatic transmission, the engine needs to be replaced, can i replace it with an engine from an 2006 maxima with the 5 speed transmission and if so what things will i have to change to make it work.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! The 2006 engine is the same as the 2004. The only thing you will need to swap is the intake plenum and intake as well as the exhaust manifold for bank 1. The 2006 does not have a EGR system where the 2004 does. So just outer components from your engine would need to be swapped to the 2006. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!