Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I have a 1997 nissan maxima and it won't start. Makes 1 click

Customer Question
when turn the key. We...
I have a 1997 nissan maxima and it won't start. Makes 1 click when turn the key. We have changed inhibitor relay. Have had starter tested and also changed out ignition switch still nothing. Do you have any ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
5/3/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Usually a single click is the starter. Even if you tested it off the car, you checked it without a load. If the battery is strong then the starter is the likely issue. I would also suggest trying to turn the engine over by hand. Put a socket on the crank bolt and make sure the engine will spin. If its good, I would suspect the starterWhat happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.
Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician