Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Maxima: How do you program a key fob on a 2007 Nissan maxi

Customer Question

How do you program a key fob on a 2007 Nissan maxima?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Hello, My Name is***** you tell me which kind of key fob do you have? Is it a intelligent key system? Meaning you don't need to insert a key into the ignition, only turn the knob to start the car? Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You have to put the key in the ignition
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am wrong. You can turn it over without the key in it
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
So it has the intelligent key system. It has the knob type ignition right?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
ok.. Thank you. I just needed to be sure so I can give you the proper answer.With those remotes you need to have them programmed at the dealer. There is no tricks to those remotes. Older remotes with out the intelligent key system you could program with out going to the dealer. That is why I wanted to be sure which you had.The remote you have will require all the keys and all the remotes to be present to program the remotes. It's done using the Nissan Scanner to program them I am afraid. The reason is that the remote is programmed to start the car, just like the key. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How much does that run?
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Normally the dealer charges around 1/2 hour to 1 hour labor to program them. They need to use a scanner to read the 5 digit pin off the Bcm and decode it to a 4 digit number to re-program keys so then the remotes can be programmed.Thanks Jay!