Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Maxima: 2012 Nissan maxima won't start and I have push to start…

Customer Question
2012 Nissan maxima won't start...
2012 Nissan maxima won't start and I have push to start when I hit the button everything just light up
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/2/2015
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 7 years ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
there, thanks question.
So when you press start it's going to ACC mode right? all your accessories are coming on and ACC is lit up at the start button?
Yes
Can you check to see if your brake lamps are working please?
The brake lights are on
Thanks, ***** ***** confirm.
Brake lights ARE working.
When pressing start it goes to ACC mode correct?
If that's the case then we have to consider the battery or starter as possibilities here. The key has to be recognized or else it would not switch modes it would just stay in the lock mode.
Now if the brake switch was bad it would have just cycled through acc/on/off and never tried to start because the brake signal is required relay operation. Since you verified the brake lamps work we can assume that's not the case either.
Do you have access to a set of jumper cables?
Yes I tried to jump it and it did nothing the battery is reading 12.3 volts
Thanks, ***** ***** have a volt meter?
Yes
Let me know as this could be an issue with BCM programming (see bulletin below)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cottlr5qdhz0ea4/Maxima.pdf?dl=0
I just wanted to be certain before you ended up towing your car to the dealer.
thanks.
we must have posted at the same time, I see now you have a meter.
Good.
are you familiar with your IPDM?
I fixed it it was an engine control fuse blown it's running thanks though
Perfect!