Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

2008 Altima all brakes locking up after driving for 15 min.All

2008 Altima all brakes locking up after driving for 15 min.All 4 wheels are smoking hot. When started brakes are ok but slowly the wheels begin to lock up.

Clifton B. :

hi I have seen this problem it is cause by a bad abs unit you will need to replace the unit to fix this problem located right side fire wall under the hood you can disconnect the unit and drive the car to verify that the problem go away

Clifton B. :

if you have more question please ask

Customer:

I removed the power plug on the unit but I can still feel the brakes locking up.

Customer:

Is that the unit that lists for $1038 with thee dealer.

Customer:

going to try that again.

Customer:

Front brakes gets very hot, Rear not, But I still feel them dragging,

Customer:

What in this system is able to apply pressure.

Customer:

Hello?

Customer:

Hello!!!

Customer:

wow the car I had was the unit , try this remove the vacuum hose to the booster and drive keep in mind the pedal will be hard the braking force will be reduce so be careful drive the car and see if the problem go away if it do replace the booster if not you have a bad master cylinder there is nothing else that can cause this

that is about the cost yes it has all the brake lines going to it

ok
this is fron unplugging the abs unit ? or the booster
am here the abs unit itself is what apply pressure as well as the master cylinder
but the way the master is set up pressure can only be apply if the pedal is pushed in it can loose pressure but don't really cause a lockup problem with all the wheels as there are two pressure seals inside the cylinder that would have to be stuck at the same time not likely . the abs unit on the other can lock up all the brakes at the same time
an as I told you before I had this problem and replacing the abs unit fixed it
I am replying I do not know y you cant see my post