Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

nissan frontier: 06 frontier 4.0 when you crank engine no spark

06 frontier 4.0 when you...
06 frontier 4.0 when you crank engine no spark until you release key.
10/31/2013
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Jay :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX thank you for your question.

Jay :

The Cam Sensors you installed, did you get them from your local auto parts store?

Customer:

I got sensors from car quest.

Jay :

That is most likely your problem if you had a Cam sensor code.

Jay :

After market sensors never work.

Jay :

You need to get the sensors from the dealer and that should resolve your problem

Jay :

I deal with this all the time at the dealer, and here online..

Jay :

When it comes to electrical parts, always stick with the dealer.

Customer:

the new sensos don't set a code,

Jay :

After market electrical parts never work right and end up costing you more money

Jay :

Yeah...

Jay :

I know..

Jay :

That is what happens...

Jay :

They will not longer cause a code, but still cause issues which makes you spend more money than you actually need to

Customer:

how can I verify this , with sensor values.

Jay :

It's tough cause there is no real inspection to test the sensors. You need to use a Oscilloscope to check there operation

Jay :

Trust me when I say.. if you had a Cam Sensor code.. It's the after market Sensors...

Jay :

Deal with all the time at work and on here!

Customer:

so the sensors wave pattern could cause it to only have spark when you release the key.

Jay :

Yeah..

Jay :

You may not see a wave pattern till the engine speed starts to slow down, then you get a jolt of a wave and there is your spark.

Jay :

or you may see a messed up wave pattern which is confusing the Ecm which is another reason it won't send spark

Jay :

I know this may not be the answer you want to here, but I have seen it so many times.

Customer:

I understand, so I'll try a pair from Nissan,thanks for your time.

Jay :

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Jay :

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician