Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I have a 1999 frontier p/u and have lost the running lights

and plate lights in the...
I have a 1999 frontier p/u and have lost the running lights and plate lights in the rear only, all other lights work properly, bulbs are good and fuses as well. Under the dash every thing seems connected and the harness in the rear is intact, there seems to be no damage. what can I check and is there a diagram I can refer to? Thanks davidmorgan12 @att.net
9/11/2013
Joe
Joe, Nissan Mechanic
Hello and thank you for using just answer! I am here to help you with your problem, so feel free to ask questions until you are satisfied. If you have front running lights but no rear, you have a break in the wire harness (blue/red wire to be specific) between the switch and the rear lights. As far as repairing it is concerned, there isn't really any easy way to track down a broken wire, other following the harness from front to back and physically checking every inch of wire. Very time consuming, and sometimes impossible when the harness disappears into the body of the vehicle. Here is a wire diagram to help you trace it out. Your looking for a break in the blue/red wire. If you cannot find the broken wire, you could simply run a new wire from the switch to the back of the truck. That usually saves a lot of time.graphic
Joe
Joe, Nissan Mechanic
Joe
Joe
Joe, Nissan Mechanic