Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

FRONTIER CREW CAB SV: I have a 2011 Nissan frontier SV crew…

Customer Question
I have a 2011 Nissan...
I have a 2011 Nissan frontier SV crew cab, TODAY WHILE TRYING TO LAUNCH MY BOAT I BACKED THE TRUCK TOO FAR DOWN THE RAMP INTO THE WATER. The water was high enough it cane inside he truck and soaked the carpets and was up over the wheel wells in the back of the truck. When I came back in to get the truck and load my boat, all of the dash WARNING LIGHTS WERE LIT AND I didn't have the key in the ignition yet, I disconnected the battery. After 4 or 5 hours now every time I reconnect the battery the warning lights all come on and the truck won't even try to crank when you turn the key to the start position, ? Something is wet and shorted..?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Nissan
8/18/2013
Nissan Mechanic: Pete, Auto Technician replied 9 years ago
Pete, Auto Technician
My name is Pete and I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like an electrical control unit or component has shorted out internally and has caused this issue.This may be more then one component that was damaged from the water entering the interior of the vehicle as I have seen before.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked with a scan tool that can communicate with all computers on this vehicle to see what codes have set (if this is possible).From there there should be codes set that are related to this fault and will aid with the diagnosis and location of the wet components.You can also peel back the carpet and try and visually locate each component that is wet and try and let it dry and then reinstall it to see if it operates properly then and if it doesn't the wet electrical components would need replaced to correct this as well as all fuses checked to see if any had shorted out due to the water intrusion issue here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete