Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

Pathfinder: 1999 Nissan Pathfinder. The AC blows on high and

1999 Nissan Pathfinder. The AC blows on high and the level can not be changed, meaning I can't turn it UP, DOWN or even off. Already tried changing the BLOWER MOTOR RESISTOR and that wasn't the problem. Changed the resistor which is a black piece located within the bottom of the blower motor behind and below the glovebox. Please let me know what my next steps should be. Thanks.

NISSAN TECH :

hi the problem is the a/c controler the part with all the buttons you will need to replace that part to fix the problem

NISSAN TECH :

if you have more questions please ask

Customer: The AC CONTROLLER that is located in the dash?
NISSAN TECH :

hi sorry for the long wait

NISSAN TECH :

yes that is the part you use to turn the system on and off

Customer: So no chance it'd the FAN CONTOL AMP?
Customer: I meant no chance that it could be the FAN CONTROL AMP or does it even have one. I'm only asking because I'm trying to do the job myself. Taking the dash apart would not be in my best interest I'm sure.
NISSAN TECH :

the amp amd the resister is the same part that you have already replaced

NISSAN TECH :

and the amp will cause it to be stuck in one speed but you will still able to turn it off

Customer: Thank you very much. Would you happen to have some kind of diagram or instructions so I can replace this part myself?
there are no instructions in the book but if you remove the center vent then the radio the unit will come out after that
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks

your welcome