Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

111mk, passenger airbag cover be fixed to be seen as not deployed…

Customer Question
can an passenger airbag cover...
can an passenger airbag cover be fixed to be seen as not deployed, without buying anything.
I do not want to replace the airbag, but just put the cover back. Can it also be done for a driver's airbag cover. How to do it. The car is a nissan rogue 2009. Where can i buy a new cover, woithout the airbag for the passenger and the driver
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Nissan
3/12/2012
Nissan Mechanic: Jan Andersson, ASE Master Tech replied 6 years ago
Jan Andersson
Jan Andersson, ASE Master Tech

What you are suggesting, is illegal. The airbags must be replaced and fully functional. It will cost a lot of money, which is why the car was put up for auction.

I know it is illegal, but you didn't answer my question.
I'm sorry but I cannot give illegal advice... I don't know if someone else will, I will Opt Out to allow other experts to comment. I felt it was my responsibility to inform you it was illegal, just in case you did not know.
Relist: Other.
nothing
Could you please refund my deposit