Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

car rocks like a boat from side to side driveshaft???

car rocks like a boat...
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/4/2012
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Jay :

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Jay :

This is normally caused by the rear trailing links. They have bushings that when they fail can make the back end of the truck sway.

Jay :

Here is a image of where to look to check the bushings. If the bushings are torn, replace the links.

Full Size Image

Jay :

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!

Jay :

Don't forget to press the ACCEPT button if your satisfied with my help.

Jay :

That is how I get credit for my work.

Jay :

Customer:

i talked to other pathfinder owners and they call it the death rock will this cure this problem a local technician told me a drive shaft. Works at local service center.

Jay :

It's not the drive shaft

Jay :

It's the trailing arms to the rear diff that causes this

Jay :

I have been working on Nissan's for over 20 years

Jay :

When the back end of the truck sways, it's those links

Jay :

I circled where the bushings fail on the links for you

Jay :

a drive shaft would can cause a vibration, but not the swaying.

Customer:

Do I have to bring this to nissan or any service center. Your help is appricated in this matter so i dont get ripped off.

Jay :

I would buy the links from a Nissan Dealer. But you can have any place you like install them,

Jay :

But if the lower links are bad also, your going to need to get the bolts

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician