Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Need a Air Breather Diagram for a Nissan 1988 D21 Pickup

Customer Question
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/3/2012
Nissan Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic replied 5 years ago
Tim's Auto Repair

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

these diagrams may help you

tims auto repair :

ok

lets try this

thanks

Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button, so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

2000 Chrysler Truck Town & Country LWB FWD V6-3.8L VIN L
Alternator Service and Repair, Procedures

REMOVAL
1. Release hood latch and open hood.

graphic
Full Size Image
View Full Image

Removal/Installation of Battery Cables

2. Disconnect battery negative cable.
3. Remove windshield wiper housing,

4. Remove accessory drive belt.

graphic
Full Size Image
View Full Image

Generator Mounting Bracket

5. Remove bolt holding top of generator mount bracket to engine air intake plenum.
6. Remove bolts holding outside of generator mount bracket to generator mount plate.
7. Remove bolt holding top of generator to mount bracket.
8. Remove generator mount bracket from vehicle.
9. Rotate generator toward rear dash panel.

graphic
Full Size Image
View Full Image

Generator

10. Disconnect the push-in field wire connector . from back of generator.
11. Remove nut holding B+ wire terminal to back of generator.
12. Separate B+ terminal from generator.

graphic
Full Size Image
View Full Image

Generator Pivot Bolt

13. Remove bolt holding bottom of generator to lower pivot bracket.

graphic
Full Size Image
View Full Image

Generator

14. Remove generator from vehicle

INSTALLATION
1. Place generator in position on vehicle.
2. Install bolt to hold bottom of generator to lower pivot bracket.
3. Place B+ terminal in position on generator.
4. Install nut to hold B+ wire terminal to back of generator.
5. Connect the push-in field wire connector into back of generator.
6. Rotate generator forward away from dash panel.
7. Place generator mount bracket in position on vehicle.
8. Install bolt to hold top of generator to mount bracket.
9. Install bolts to hold outside of generator mount bracket to generator mount plate.
10. Install bolt to hold top of generator mount bracket to engine air intake plenum.
11. Install accessory drive belt.
12. Install windshield wiper housing,
13. Connect battery negative cable.
14. Verify generator charge rate.

tims auto repair :

sorry

tims auto repair :

disregard the info above..i made a mistake

tims auto repair :

thry this

tims auto repair :

try

tims auto repair :

1988 Nissan-Datsun Truck D21 Hardbody 4WD L4-2389cc 2.4L SOHC (Z24i)
Emission Control Systems Diagrams, Vacuum and Vapor Hose: Vacuum Hose Drawing

tims auto repair :

Computers and Control Systems Diagrams, Vacuum and Vapor Hose

tims auto repair :

Powertrain Management Diagrams, Vacuum and Vapor Hose: Positive Crankcase Ventilation System - W/Z24I Engine

70_nisea118315098.png
Full Size Image

Fig. 98 Crankcase Ventilation System.

tims auto repair :

Powertrain Management Diagrams, Vacuum and Vapor Hose: Evaporative Emission Control System

52_nisea118315084.png
Full Size Image

Fig. 84 Evaporative Emission Control System.

tims auto repair :

Customer:

hi

tims auto repair :

this is all the vacuum and vapor hoses on your truck

Customer:

well the truck was running fine until i took the breather off to replace the valve cover gasket

tims auto repair :

what is it doing now?

Customer:

its idleing really bad and in gear almost cutting off

Customer:

the breather has 3 nipples on the bottom and i can only find 2 vacume hoses and one of the nipples got to the vent in the breahter

tims auto repair :

is it missfring?

tims auto repair :

i wouldnt think this is your problem

Customer:

it drives up the road fine, I had one plug that backed out and figured it had messed up so I replaced the 1 plug which the plugs are only 7-8 months old, and replaced the spark plug wires

tims auto repair :

ok

Customer:

it has just thrown me for a loop ran fine except the oil leak, i replace the valve cover gasket and now it runs like crap! Should i replace all the plugs and see if that fixes it?

tims auto repair :

did you remove the plug wires

tims auto repair :

are you sure they are in place?

Customer:

yes, i replaced the plug wires last night

Customer:

yes i did it plug by plug and follwed what was already hooked up

Customer:

could i have over tighted the valve cover ?

tims auto repair :

mo

tims auto repair :

i would dobt it being the cover

tims auto repair :

doubt

tims auto repair :

Firing Order Specifications, Mechanical: Firing Order

77_ns00cc_spec-326c.png
Full Size Image

Firing Order: 1 - 3 - 4 - 2

Customer:

so more than likely it may have another bad plug?

tims auto repair :

i would think you may have one crossed

tims auto repair :

check them with the diagram i sent you

Customer:

ok

tims auto repair :

also,use the vacuum diagram to make sure all is right

tims auto repair :

Customer:

ok i will check theim i just figured it had something to do when i replaced the breather

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

i would think you will find it with the info i sent

tims auto repair :

Customer:

ok

Customer:

ok but my truck is a 2wd not the 4wd are they the same?

tims auto repair :

yes

tims auto repair :

the vacuum and the firing is the same...as long as it is the 8 plug z24 engine

Customer:

ok thank you

tims auto repair :

you are very welcome

Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic