Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

How do I reset the air bag warning light on a 2000 altima.

Customer Question

Category: Nissan
Expert:  PAULNISSANTECH replied 5 years ago.
If there is a hard fault like a defective clockspring or air bag then the part has to be replaced then the code needs to be reset. Otherwise if the defective part has been replaced the only way to erase a history code in the air bag module is by the use of a Consult 2 nissan scanner or a snap-on solus or modus scanner or any other form of aftermarket code reading scanner that can retrieve and erase air bag codes (the generic cheap scanners can only scan and clear obdII check engine lights).

Paul
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

To clear the Air Bag light just use the door pin switch. Follow these steps 2 times to clear the air bag light.

If this doesn't work then you have a hard fault and would need to be repaired for the light to clear. But most cases if the light is flashing it's a false code.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There are several ways to do this without a scanner. I can get to dianostic mode, I just can't get a complete reset.
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
If you follow those steps and do it 2 times, it should clear.

If it doesn't clear, then you have a hard fault and it would need the system scanned to determine repair.

Thanks Jay!
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.