Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I have a 2004 Titan. The airbag light is blinking. Can I reset it ?

Customer Question
I have a 2004 Titan...
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Nissan
12/3/2011
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 6 years ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
hi, so your saying the dealer reset the light and it came back on ?? did they tell you what the code was ?
No, they didnt say. As I understood them they said that they were unknown at least to them.
ok you need to go back or call and ask them to give you the code , i need the code if a am going to help you
They said there were no codes pertaining to the the air bags. They said that the computer needed resetting so they did it. I dont trust their judgement because they tried to sell on new transmisson hoses that were suppose to be leaking that after I inspected them they only had road dirt on them. It was going to cost $700. So you can see why I don't take much stock in their expertise.
ok i see , if the light is on there should be a code , if it was check and there is no code then ether the air bag control unit is bad or they are not telling something , i recommend that you take the car to another shop to have them check the code , you need a scan tool to turn the light off, if the problem is no longer there it can be turn of useing a scan tool , if you problem is still there you cannot turn it off that is the way it is program.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Clifton B.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech