Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Procedure to replace Catalytic converters of 2006 Nissan Titan.

Customer Question
I need to replace my...

I need to replace my catalytic converters on my 2006 Nissan Titan. How do I get step by step info on doing this procedure?

Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Nissan
10/18/2011
Nissan Mechanic: eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 6 years ago
eric
eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Are you replacing just the main converters on the exhaust pipes or are you also replacing the ones that are part of the exhaust manifolds as well? Are you using direct fit replacement units or are you using universals that will have to be welded into place? How many miles - over 80,000?

The diagnostic from Nissan is, tw catalyst sys-B1 (p0420) and tw catalyst sys-B2 (p0430). 103,000 miles.

You will need to replace the right and left converters that are on the exhaust pipe, not the ones on the exhaust manifolds.

Direct fit replacement is pretty easy. You will disconnect the harness connectors for the O2 sensors, and unscrew the O2 sensors from both left and right exhaust pipe at the converters. Now, simply remove the 2 bolts at front flange and 2 bolts at rear flange and drop each pipe with converter. Use new gaskets and bolt up new converters.

They are located underneath the vehicle on either side, roughly at beginning of cab area.

Here is diagram showing both and you can see that they are just bolted into place with 2 bolts at front and 2 bolts at rear of pipes.

graphic

eric
eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
eric
eric
eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager