Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

1997 Nissan Sentra: hard shifting..2nd gear..gear only..easiest

Customer Question
My 1997 Nissan Sentra is...
My 1997 Nissan Sentra is hard shifting between 1st and 2nd gear only, does anyone know what the easiest solution is?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/25/2011
Nissan Mechanic: Virtual Wrench, Nissan Mechanic replied 6 years ago
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Nissan Mechanic

Sorry for the delay,

Have you had anyone look at it yet, or has anything been done to it?
transmission shop checked out and said it is an internal problem, but I have read something about a common problem with a dropping resistor or acuator that lowers the transmission preasure between 1st and 2nd gear shift?

There is a service bulletin on harsh shifting that may apply.

Did they mention that?

do you anything about a dropping resistor?

No, and i went through all of the dealer issued service bulletins. Nothing on that, or have i ever heard of it and would doubt where it came from.

It could also be a sticking governor as well, but a trans shop would have to do that.
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Nissan Mechanic
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Nissan Mechanic