Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

Fuel pump relay for nissan altima 2000 model is located?

please I want to know where the fuel pump relay for nissan altima 2000 model is located?
Greetings Sir or Madam and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.
Hi there!
The fuel pump relay in in the fuse panel inside the car. Here is a diagram of the relay location.

graphic
If you have no injector pulse, it is possible the key has lost it's programming.
If the security light is on solid when cranking the engine the keys need to be reprogrammed.
Hope this helps!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have allready replied him
Do you need further assistance?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the only information is the car wount start up it attempts to start but cut off tha fuel cutts off it suplly but i know that the fuel pump is working good but if you feel it is the programming of the key let me know how to go about it
Well, is the security light on the dash on solid when you crank the engine?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i want to know why the car wount start
I understand, I am trying to help you.
It is a simple question, is the red security light on solid? I am trying to help you out and I did answer the original question.
Look at the dash while you are cranking the engine. The immobilizer turns off the fuel injectors when it keeps the car from starting.
I need this information to help you diagnose the car. I have to have you check things for me because I am not there. These are things I would check if I had the car.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
at first it was on solid while trying to crank the car but after some many trials it is not even coming on again
Interesting.
Ok,I believe it may be a security issue, but we can check a couple other things before we go down that road. You can't reprogram the key. It has to be done by the dealer or a locksmith.
What I would like to have you try, is to spray some carb cleaner or starting fluid into the throttle and see if the car will run on it for a few seconds.
What we are doing here is checking for spark, but also, it will tell us if the fuel injectors are pulsing.
I want to cover some bases so I don't send you to have the key reprogrammed for nothing so try to bear with me. We can figure out what is wrong,just going to take a few steps.
Let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
indeed if you spray starting fluid it will run for some seconds and cutts down again that is exactly how it does
Ok, it sounds like the injectors aren't working.
Like to have you check a couple fuses inside the car, fuse #26 and fuse #21
Here is the layout of the fuse box.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have checked all of the fuses and all are working fine i mean all are ok i told you when you turn on the ingnition on for the first time after a while the car will attempt to start which means the fuel pump will first open well and just cut within seconds because if you pull out the fuel hose the leeds to the injectors and turn on the ignition you will see it starts working and cutts off within seconds and that will stop the car from startting and I dont know why that happens
Ok, well, it is likely the fuel cut off for the injectors, however it could also be a problem with the cam position sensor. This is under the distributor rotor. If you remove the rotor and there is oil under the plastic cover then it is a possible issue.
I don't expect this to be the problem though, because you have spark. I think you are going to have to have the key reprogrammed to solve the problem.
Unless there is some problem with the ecm on the car. They don't go often so I don't think it's the problem.
If the light was coming on solid, that is a pretty good indication that it is the problem.
Also, if you can get a code reader, it may show a cam or crank sensor code. It may even show a code for the immobilizer on the car.
I believe the security system has the fuel pump shut down.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks alot please can i try that and get on to you later?
yes, you post to this and i will reply. There should be links in your email to get you back here. If I am not on, I will get an email and get back to you as quick as I can. I do expect to be on for a while this evening.