Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Nissan Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Nissan Diagnostics
18617752

2008 rogue, i cant slip the new serpentine belt on. Im following

2008 rogue, i cant slip the new serpentine belt on. Im following the diagram to a tee, just not enough strech in the belt?

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

Make sure you are moving the tensioner as far as it will go. If needed, use a longer handle wrench to gain more leverage making it easier to rotate the tensioner. Route the belt over all the pullies except the water pump- save that for last. You'll also get a better angle if you remove the passenger's side tire and access the tensioner through the wheel well.

graphic

• Hold the hexagonal part in center of drive belt auto-tensioner pulley with a box wrench securely. Then move the wrench handle in the direction of arrow (loosening direction of tensioner).

CAUTION:

• Avoid placing hand in a location where pinching may occur if the holding tool accidentally comes off.
  • Never loosen the hexagonal part in center of drive belt auto-tensioner pulley (Never not turn it counterclockwise). If turned counterclockwise, the complete drive belt auto-tensioner must be replaced as a unit, including the pulley.
  • Insert a rod approximately 6 mm (0.24 in) in diameter such as short-length screwdriver into the hole of retaining boss to fix drive belt auto-tensioner pulley.
  • Hook drive belt onto all pulleys except for water pump, and then onto water pump pulley finally
  • Release drive belt auto-tensioner, and apply tension to drive belt.
graphic
graphic