Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

2005 Nissan Quest: they difficult to reset

Are locations of 2005 Nissan Quest camshaft sensors easily accessible and are they difficult to reset?
Greetings Sir or Madam and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.
Hi there! They are pretty easy to get to, however you replace them, there is nothing to reset. Do you have codes indicating they are the problem?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks. I do not have codes but basically the car starts but will only drive about 1 - 2 miles before the engine shuts down. Check Engine, TC Off and SLIP lights come on just before engine shuts down. When I restart the engine, those same warning lights come on. I installed a new slightly higer crank power battery yesterday.

Paul L.

Ok., Like I said, these have to be replaced so I would check the codes first.
This is something you can do with a code reader if you can get you hands on one.
They are held in with a single 10 mm bolt. For the bank 1 sensor, you have to remove the air duct work to the throttle body. Here is a diagram of the sensor locations.
Hope this helps!!
graphic